MITCHELL T. ARCY CREW - 427th BS
(Assigned 427BS: 04 April 1945)
2Lt Mitchell T. Arcy (P),
2Lt Peter Schaafsma (CP),
2Lt William A. Wyatt (N),
2Lt Robert D. Harman (B)
S/Sgt Theodore E. Knutson (R),
T/Sgt Robert H. Alasky (TG),
S/Sgt Edward G. Berzanski (E),
Sgt Harvey K. Swires (BTG),
S/Sgt Emil E. Detlefsen (Tog)
Six missions flown by the Arcy Crew:
358 (11 Apr 1945), 359, 360, 361, 362 & 363 (20 April 1945)
- 2Lt Mitchell T. Arcy (P) - Flew two missions as Pilot with crew
orientation CoPilots (358 & 359). Other four missions as Crew Pilot
- 2Lt Peter Schaafsma (CP) - Flew as CoPilot with other pilots on two
missions (358 & 359). Other four missions as CoPilot with the Lt Arcy crew.
- 2Lt Robert D. Harman (B) - Flew two missions as the Lt Arcy crew
Bombardier (358 & 359) and no other 303rd BG(H) missions.
Togglier's used on four missions (360, 361, 362 & 363)
- Sgt Emil E. Detlefsen (TOG) - Flew on three missions (361, 362, 363)
as the Lt Arcy Crew Togglier. Sgt Dale A. Anderson was Togglier on
one mission (360).
- 2Lt William A. Wyatt (N), Cpl Edward G. Berzanski (E), Cpl Theodore
E. Knutson (R), Cpl Harvey K. Swires (BTG) and T/Sgt Robert H.
Alasky (TG) - Flew on all six of the Lt Arcy Crew missions.
- Crew did not have a Waist Gunner on any of their combat missions.
[Photo courtesy of Emil E. Detlefsen - Researched by Historian Harry D. Gobrecht]