Subject: [303rd BG News] 01 April 2009
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:54:46 -0600
List-Id: 303rd Bomb Group News <303rd-announce.303rdBG.com>

*303rd Bomb Group*
*303rd Bomb Group (H) News*
*01 April 2009
**www.303rdBG.com*

*_2009 8th Air Force Historical Society Reunion_*
MILLENNIUM HOTEL -- CINCINNATI, OHIO
AUGUST 18-23, 2009

Once again, we will join forces with the 8th Air Force Historical 
Society (8th AFHS) and meet at the 8th AFHS 2009 Reunion in Cincinnati.  
Information is now available on the Eighth Air Force Historical Society 
website at: http://www.8thafhs.org/reunions.htm. Registration forms and 
hotel information may also be viewed and printed here:
http://www.303rdbg.com/2009-8AFHS-reunion.pdf
More information will be in the next 303rd News update.

_*This Day in History:  303rd Bomb Group and 8th Air Force*_
For several years there has been a link on 303rdBG.com's home page that 
shows what happened on "This Day in 303rd Bomb Group History."  It has 
now been expanded to include the events of the 8th Air Force on the same 
day.  It is fascinating to see where the 303rd Bomb Group fit into the 
8th Air Force's plan. Try it out by clicking the red link under the 
Navigation Bar at:  http://www.303rdBG.com.  Also, "This Day is 303rd BG 
and 8th AF History" is now available as an RSS feed 
<http://www.303rdbg.com/todayrss.php> for those of you who read news 
feeds in Google Reader or other RSS news readers.  Click the 
<www.303rdbg.com/todayrss.php>icon on the home page.

_*TAPS*_
***William "Bill" Joseph Milligan*, 83, of Harwood, MD died Feb. 7, 
2009  He served as a navigator [358th BS] in the Army Air Corps from 
1943-45.

*Joseph T. Ogurchak*, age 85, WWII B-17 flight crew veteran [359th 
Flight Engineer] succumbed to a long illness, Saturday, November 15, 2008.

*Patrick Pecchia*, 358th BS Aircraft Mechanic, died October 9, 2002
*Robert P. Bliss*, 427th BS Pilot, died February 5, 2002
*William R. Lawrence*, (303rd) passed away 21 December 1981.

If you know of names that need to be added to TAPS, please contact me.
http://www.303rdbg.com/taps1.html

_*Loose Ends*_
Please make sure you have my email address in your address books as 
[email-masked]   A few of you may still have me at my old XMission.com 
address.  That account is being deleted soon.

My goal is to send out 303rd BG News Updates every two weeks.  
Generally, they will be sent on  the 1st and 15th of each month, but the 
dates may vary a bit.

Keeping the Legacy Alive,
Gary

Gary L. Moncur
303rd Bomb Group Historian
[email-masked]
www.303rdBG.com

If you would prefer not to receive these 303rd Bomb Group News updates, please reply and let me know.