Subject: [303rd BG News] 15 April 2009
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:41:02 -0600
List-Id: 303rd Bomb Group News <303rd-announce.303rdBG.com>

_*303rd Bomb Group <http://www.303rdbg.com>*_
*
N E W S   U P D A T E S*
*15 April 2009*
*www.303rdBG.com <http://www.303rdbg.com>*

_*"This Day in 303rd BG and 8th AF History"*_

The RSS News Feed RSS Feed <http://feeds2.feedburner.com/303rdBombGroup> 
for "This Day in History" has moved to a new feed address.  Those of you 
who signed up earlier, please sign up again to change your 
subscriptions  to:  http://feeds2.feedburner.com/303rdBombGroup  The 
original feed will be removed soon.

I hope you enjoy having this history available in the syndication 
format.  If you're unfamiliar with RSS, a simple explanation is here: 
http://www.problogger.net/what-is-rss/
_*

*_
*_2009 8th AIR FORCE HISTORICAL SOCIETY REUNION_*

MILLENNIUM HOTEL -- CINCINNATI, OHIO
AUGUST 18-23, 2009

303rd Veterans, NexGen Family and Friends,

It's time to sign up for the 2009 Reunion.  Once again we will join 
forces with the 8th Air Force Historical Society (8th AFHS) and meet at 
the 8th AFHS 2009 Reunion in Cincinnati Ohio August 18-23.

Last year was our first meeting with the 8th AFHS and we were one of the 
largest groups in attendance.  This enabled us to have a 303rd 
hospitality suite and a separate 303rd "rendezvous" dinner.   After the 
rendezvous dinner, we honored the veterans who had passed away since our 
last meeting as we read their names.  We also held a discussion on our 
future direction.  Those in attendance agreed that the 8th AFHS reunion 
provided an excellent place for us to meet.  While it would be nice to 
have a stand alone 303rd Reunion it simply is not feasible at this 
time.  Help perpetuate the 303rd.  Sign up and attend this reunion in 
August.  We'll open our hospitality suite on Thursday, August 20th and 
have scheduled hours through Saturday, August 22nd.
  
   1. Since we are going as part of the Eighth Air Force Historical 
Society one member of your group must be a member of the society to 
register for the reunion.  Annual Dues are only $30 and membership 
includes an excellent quarterly magazine.  Contact Catherine Mayne @ 
912.748.8884 or on-line @ https://www.8thafhs.org/joinx.html
 
  2. Please help by spreading the word about the 2009 reunion to your 
303rd friends and acquaintances.

  3. Volunteer:   We will need volunteers to help set up and staff our 
hospitality suite.

  4. If you are interested in the 303rd NexGen but can not attend the 
2009 reunion and have not already signed up, please let us know by 
signing up on the NexGen page of the 303rd website, 
www.303rdbg.com/nexgen.html or by US mail to:

Jay Hardy
101 Carnoustie
Williamsburg, Virginia 23188
757.258.0194

**

Registration forms and hotel information may also be viewed and printed 
here:
http://www.303rdbg.com/2009-8AFHS-reunion.pdf
or here:
http://www.8thafhs.org/reunions.htm 

_*TAPS*_
***
George E. Hiebeler, Jr.*, 360th BS Thomas Hardin Crew Navigator, passed 
away on March 27, 2009
*
James R. Durfee*, 360th BS Bernard C. Fontana Crew Ball-turret Gunner, 
died April 4, 2009
*
Robert W. Bennett* passed away April 10, 2009. He was the Bombardier on 
the 358BS John McConnell Crew.
*
Gale Cornyn*, wife of 303rd BG Pilot John Cornyn and mother of US 
Senator John Cornyn (Texas) died April 3, 2009.  She attended the 303rd 
BGA 2006 San Antonio Reunion when her son addressed the Association.

If you know of names that need to be added to TAPS, please contact me.

Keeping the Legacy Alive,
Gary

-- 
Gary L. Moncur
303rd Bomb Group Historian
[email-masked]
www.303rdBG.com

If you would prefer not to receive these 303rd Bomb Group News updates, please reply and let me know.