Subject: [303rd BG News] 24 February 2009
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:36:04 -0700
List-Id: 303rd Bomb Group News <303rd-announce.303rdBG.com>

_*
*_*                                          303rd Bomb Group NEWS -  24 
February 2009*_*
*_*                                                                      
                www.303rdBG.com*

_*Keeping the Legacy Alive*_* *

I plan to try to keep everyone as up to date as possible with news from 
the 303rd Bomb Group.  The very infrequent updates  of the past will 
become more regular in the future.  If you know of other friends or 
family of the 303rd BG who would like to receive these updates, let me 
know --- or they may subscribe themselves from a button on my home page:
http://www.303rdBG.com

_*RAF Molesworth - Mr. Peter G. Park*_

Probably the most overlooked historian of the 303rd Bomb Group is Mr. 
Peter G. Park of the Joint Analysis Center Commander's Action Group at 
RAF Molesworth.   He is also an excellent tour guide and host for visits 
to the base.  My family received the royal treatment on our visit last June.

For the past year or so, Peter has written numerous articles about the 
303rd Bomb Group for the base website.   I'm sure you will enjoy a visit 
to the site and find many interesting articles.  See:
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/

Below are some selected articles written by Mr. Park over the past year. 

/*JAC Heritage: The Night Molesworth Was Bombed*/
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123087953

*/7,336 World War II Veterans of Molesworth, are returning HOME!!/*
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123087944

/*JAC Ceremony Honors World War II 303rd Bomb Group*/
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123093029

/*303rd Bomb Group Volume Donated to Base Library*/
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123093985

*/Son Completes a Mission at Father's WWII Molesworth Base/*
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123094562

/*Sons of Pilot of B-17 "Thunderbird" Return to Father's Base*/
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123103850

/*
JAC Pays Respects to WWII 303rd Bomb Group Leader*/
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123102290

/*JAC Modeler returns B-17G "Thunderbird" to RAF Molesworth*/
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123106774

/*Wood Carvings at JAC - From a WWII London Air Raid Shelter, A 
Frightened English Boy's Legacy of Honor*/
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123112577
/*

First Grandchild of WWII 303rd Bomb Group Visits Molesworth*/
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123123580
*/

B-17 Ball Turret Gunner: 33 Missions Without a Scratch; The 34th Was 
Different /*
http://www.501csw.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123135013

Cheers!
Gary
-- 
*Gary L. Moncur*
303rd Bomb Group (H) Historian
www.303rdBG.com

If you would prefer not to receive these  303rd Bomb Group News updates, please reply and let me know.